Millions of Americans are faced with similar challenges now that workplaces are starting to bring back employees. As the doors are opening up, many people are understandably concerned about how safe it is to return to work during a pandemic and what steps have been taken to ensure their health is top of mind.
In Minnesota, an executive order is in place requiring Minnesotans to wear masks indoors to help avoid a surge in coronavirus cases. More than 30 states have now implemented statewide requirements. Even post COVID-19, studies show that 60% of offices will likely feature masks, 71% will require socially distant seating arrangements, and 60% will have sanitation stations installed throughout their space.
Since the primary responsibility to keep employees safe lands on the employer, it is recommended that one of the best ways to protect your employees from potential health risks in your work environment is by implementing a COVID-19 policy.
When considering your workplace COVID-19 policy, the document should outline social distancing guidelines, cleaning guidelines, infection response plans, and how to keep yourself and our customers safe. One of the easiest ways to keep everyone safe in your office is to have the necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) to facilitate safe working conditions.
Recommended PPE Supplies
Here at Coordinated Business Systems, we currently have the following CDC approved PPE supplies in stock that can be implemented in your pandemic policy.
- Responsible Face Shields
- MediPro Children’s 3-Ply Mask with Nose Strip
- 4-ply Mask With Nose Strip & Ear Loops
- Responsible Hand Sanitizer
- Responsible Hand Sanitizer 1 Gallon - Isopropyl Alcohol
- Responsible 3-Ply Disposable Face Mask with Ear Loop
- 3M TB Quat Disinfectant Ready-To-Use Cleaner
- NeoMask VC65 Reusable Face Masks
The benefits of investing in personal protective equipment for your employees is one of the most important things to consider and should not be taken for granted. A goal for all employers should be to maintain employee and customer safety while reducing any risks to their long- and short-term health.
Disinfection Tips for your Office
Everyone should try to do their bit to keep the office environment as clean as possible. Along with having PPE supplies readily available in your workplace, additional cleaning steps should be taken to ensure the health and safety of your employees.
- Consider installing the anti-bacterial hand sanitizers in convenient areas around the office or building premises.
- Encourage everyone at your office to periodically disinfect their desks, keyboards, and phones.
- Discourage everyone from using other employees' phones, desks, and computers.
- Don’t forget to frequently disinfect the copiers, printers, computers, and phones that are in co-working spaces.
In addition, we have instituted the use of a thermal imaging kiosk that is used to temperature screen everyone who comes in our building and is also a time-clock for our hourly employees. It uses facial recognition software to identify who is who and has very useful functionality beyond the pandemic.
With the right procedures and supplies in place, you can have confidence in protecting your employees at work during, and beyond, this pandemic.