IT Specialist Level 2
This is a full-time opportunity where candidates are responsible for the daily analysis, monitoring and management, and implementation of a variety of networking and technology initiatives for our clients. Typical daily responsibilities for this position will include; managing and maintaining Microsoft Windows desktop/server and Active Directory environments, file/folder and security administration on Windows servers, printing and imaging administration and setup, 3rdparty line of business application and vendor administration, and firewall/VPN & mobile device administration.
A successful candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate excellent troubleshooting and technical skills, proficiency with the implementation and support of Microsoft solutions, and exhibit strong communication skills. This position will require the applicant to possess, attain & maintain industry relevant certifications. A certification roadmap will be created post hiring with a mutually agreeable timeline. Applicants must effectively communicate and interact with clients on a daily basis. They will routinely convey the status of projects and on-going issues both to the client and the Management Team thru our PSA software, documentation and voice/email communications. Applicants will regularly communicate with third party vendors to expedite problem resolution for software and hardware issues.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a technical escalation point on our NOC and provide in-field support services as support to our Senior Engineer team
- Assist with day-to-day operations of service department thru interactive daily communications with all company team members.
- Create recurring revenue by providing high quality technical solutions and exemplary customer service (including strong verbal and written communications and follow-up skills)
- Assist sales team in identifying and closing opportunities through customer discovery meetings and presentations.
- Provide skilled independent help-desk capabilities by phone, remote or face-to-face with our clients.
- Ability to cooperatively debug complex problems.
- Independently install and upgrade desktop and networking software and hardware as needed.
- Maintain detailed awareness and understanding regarding current software and technical procedures.
- Input and manage tickets and daily time entry thru our PSA Professional Services Automation) system.
- Interface with third party vendors to assist with problem resolution.
- Support clients with our Remote Monitoring and Management solution.
- Adhere to all company internal policies and procedures.
- Work the required hours to complete assigned tasks.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university
- 5-10 years of technical experience with increasing responsibility
- Microsoft Active Directory administration, implementation and administration skills are required
- Backup & Disaster Recovery monitoring and management skills are required
- Background in networking (Firewalls, Cisco routers/switches, network protocols, VPN) is required
- Virtualization experience a plus
- Scripting, Powershell, and coding skills are a plus
- Experience working in an outsourced IT consulting environment is a plus
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be adaptable and capable of learning new software quickly.
- Must have reliable transportation and clean driving record
This is a salary based position that includes service efficiency, productivity and sales commission incentives. We also offer our full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, certification training programs, paid vacations and holidays, a company cell phone and notebook computer for business use.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Our mission is to make IT, Security, and Compliance easily available and affordable for local small and mid-sized businesses. Our IT services are engineered to mitigate security and compliance risk, reduce IT expenditures, and improve operating efficiencies.
Our company is in the business of providing first class customer service to our clients. Our service programs offers a complete line of managed services designed to provide affordable and proactive support. Our managed services program offers a complete line of hosted, managed and cloud-based services designed to provide affordable and proactive support while meeting the regulatory requirements required of our clients. Our services are designed to simplify IT management, help meet compliance requirements, reduce costs, streamline systems management and align IT strategy to match our client's business objectives.
We're seeking a talented, motivated and driven individual to help grow our team. If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding growth focused career than this position is for you!
Coordinated Business Systems Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing employment opportunities for all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by U.S. law. Coordinated Business Systems Inc. makes reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities.